06 December 2004

Bustling about

In my ridiculous giddiness at seeing if this blog thing really works, I had to jump the gun and post a comment myself! I'm off to Taiwan tomorrow to see a bit of the Orient--a quick trip, just enough time for lots of business meetings, a bit of pre-Christmas shopping, and a couple hops over the international dateline. I had to dust off my passport, which boasts only a lonely stamp from a beautiful trip to London to visit Nicole two years ago. I love international traveling, especially when an interpreter is accompanying us!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around Christmas this year--even though next week's trip has forced me to finish all my Christmas shopping already. Jason and I even attempted to celebrate Christmas this past weekend (he's headed to Africa as soon as I get back from Taiwan), but my subconscious still seems to be waiting for the first snow-fall before Christmas can really come!

4 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger amcorrea said...

Missy, have fun whirling around the globe! Enjoy every minute you're away... :)

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Missy, I hope this message catches you while you're in Taiwan. Don't accept a green flag while you're there. I saw an episode of the West Wing the other day and apparently it's pretty bad for US officials to accept green flags in Taiwan.

So rather than getting into details, trust Martin Sheen and Co. and stick to non-green flags.

By the way you probably think I didn't notice that you just casually mentioned going to Asia. I noticed.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Zack said...

...Oh, yeah, I 'just happened' to be going to Taiwan. I'm so sure. I'm also jealous. Yeah, yeah, I know I live in London and all that, but that sounds really interesting. I'm glad it worked out for you to go Miss. Be sure to pick up some cheap textiles and plastic toys. And if any old ladies offer you a job in Bangkok, 'just say no.'

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Missy Small said...

Thanks, Ryan. And I'm glad you recognized my nonchalance. I count on you to appreciate the drier moments in my emails. :) You will be glad to know that no green flags were accepted...though to be honest I rarely take Martin Sheen's political advice!

My trip was awesome, by the way--though it was the longest frickin' plane ride I've ever been on. Am still reeling from too much airplane food and watching "The First Daughter" three times in one day. Yikes! If you can get over that and the shellfish, DEFINITELY GO TO TAIWAN!!! What a great place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home