18 July 2008

Travel update

It's been wonderful to see more "#10 Canterbury Road" messages in my inbox these days. Although I don't post much, I do love hearing how everyone is doing.

My student visa arrived this month and I officially purchased my plane ticket to London this morning. I am thrilled at how beautifully everything is coming together... I'll be arriving in England on 17 September to begin classes at UEA on the 22nd. Needless to say, I'm very excited to be taking classes again--especially in a field that I'll continue to learn and work in for the rest of my life. I recently read Umberto Eco's Experiences in Translation and was filled with a rare sense of satisfaction: Yes. This is what I want to do.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, wherever you find yourselves. :)


(Housekeeping note: With the addition of Mike's blog, I've decided to put our personal sites in a separate category. If anyone else has a blog/livejournal/zanga/myspace page, please let me know. I'd love to see this little collection grow.)

6 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Missy Small said...

congrats on the visa/plane ticket! it's nice to see dreams become reality!

oh, and i love having the blogs in a separate list. i'm a serial blog stalker, and you've made it so much easier for me... :)

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger amcorrea said...

Thanks, Missy!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger chelfea said...

I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful time.

-chelsey

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

hiya! i'm your sister's friend on facebook now! she told me the other week that you're headed this way soon an that she and her boyfriend will be visiting you as well. get in touch once you're here! best wishes for your packing (deciding what to bring is often the hardest part!)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger amcorrea said...

Chelsey: I'll do my best! ;)

Nicole: Thank you! That's great that you could get in touch with Deb. I'll probably post here when I get settled in, so we can go from there. It would be really wonderful to see you.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

that's great! look forward to it! i'm in new york first week of october - but anytime after that would work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home