28 February 2005

Rings and things.

As my desk-bound life rarely gives cause for me to produce new and exciting blog entries, I feel that I have to wait for major, life-changing moments to actually strike the "create new post" icon. Such a moment has come, my friends. One major advantage of dating someone who travels to Africa with alarming frequency (like three times in a month and a half) is getting a share in the acquired frequent flier miles, so last week Jason and I took a little walk on the beach in Hawaii. During the course of our sunset stroll, we decided that two years of dating was quite enough, and so he got down on one knee and I said yes before he finished talking and, well, to make a long story slightly shorter I have a beautiful ring on my finger and a ridiculous grin on my face.

Though we are still tweaking the exact date, we're planning an August wedding--if any of you plan to be in Idaho this summer I hope to see you there. :) Other than that little tidbit, we had a great time in Hawaii and I can't believe that I am now watching the predicted 5-7 inches of snow fall outside my office window. (Okay, that's a lie, because I don't really have a window at my desk, but instead must look through a crack in the bookshelf to see a sliver of light coming through my coworker's window.) Springtime, where are you?

That's all from me for now. Until the next life-changing experience...

Missy

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger amcorrea said...

Congratulations, Missy!!!

I wish you every happiness.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Yay yay! That's awesome!

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Madison Energy Audit said...

God bleess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home