13 January 2005

Free books

(Sorry Ryan, I just couldn't keep this one to myself!)

The University of California Press have made 400 volumes available online!

This is perfect for any of you still in school or doing any research (or just plain nerdy like me).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Update: 19.1.05

Oh, this is even better!! Uncollected writings by J.D. Salinger online! In addition to many of his older tales, there's also the infamous Seymour-as-7-yr-old-at-summer-camp story, "Hapworth 16, 1924." (If I'm not mistaken, this is the last thing he ever published. I've been on the lookout for it for years.)

4 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

If they're "uncollected" how can I find them all in the same place online? That's the problem with you literature people. Nothing means anything to you - you just use the words however you want.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger amcorrea said...

Ha!

Ok, maybe I should've said "formerly-uncollected-writings-that-are-now-collected-on-one-website-for-your-reading-enjoyment."

Does that work?

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah, that's better. Somebody's got to keep you honest, Ana Maria. By the way, is there anyway to search on this thing for NEW comments or do I have to just look for them?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger amcorrea said...

That's funny. Most of the problems in my life have stemmed from my being too honest, but there you go. It's true that I'll take all the help I can get! :)

And yeah, you do have to scroll down for new comments. But you can always look at the date of the blog when you log in--it shows the last date anyone posted anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home