17 August 2006

Photos of Israel/Palestine, for those who are interested

Hey y'all. If you'd like to see the photos follow the instructions below.

1. Go to www.yahoo.com
2. Click on "Photos" on the left toolbar, which will take you to a login screen
3. Login name: tikkun.olam2006
Password: Shalom123
4. You can then view all of the albums that have been posted. Feel free to save those you like to your own computer.


Good that my group left before the proverbial shit hit the fan (or should that be "shit hit the proverbial fan"?) We were far from the action, but still good timing. Two friends of mine are still there. Tikkun Olam was the name of our tour group, Wikipedia entry:

"
Tikkun olam (תיקון עולם) is a Hebrew phrase which translates to "repairing the world." It is important in Judaism and is often used to explain the Jewish concept of social justice. "

Enjoy the photos.

Peace (seriously!),
Zack

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Missy Small said...

i have to say, i did laugh at your original comment that "it is not as unsafe there as you think" (or something of that nature), simply because i read it after all hell broke loose. nice.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger amcorrea said...

I have always loved the idea of tikkun olam, even though my limited understanding is bounded by Karen Armstrong's The Battle for God and Myla Goldberg's Bee Season. Shards of the glory of God...splinters buried deep into our existence, awaiting discovery...

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Zack said...

No seriously, Missy, I still stand by my statement -- although of course I might have qualified it had I posted a few days later than I did. We weren't anywhere near the Lebanese border, and Hizbulla's rockets never reached as far as Tel Aviv. Corresponding with friends in Jerusalem, they said it was a relatively safe place to be. What I meant by my comment was that it ain't Bagdhad: all hell won't break loose there without at least a little bit of advanced notice. But yeah, the comment was rather ironic, in retrospect. I let out a loud "Doh!" when I read it a week later.

AM: I'll have to read those books to expand my understanding of tikkun olam, which is bounded by the Wikipedia entry included in my originial post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home