12 September 2006

Interesting non-administrative note

Well, well, well. I turn my back on this blog for a few seconds and BOOM - you're all writing endlessly about a bunch of books I've never heard of (ok - I've heard of some of them) and arguing about what words mean. It's ok - I understand that this community has a lot of deep thinkers in it. Your brains just aren't satisfied without turmoil and the intense struggle of humanity.

Well, mine is. My brain doesn't like struggles -- I'm all about avoiding intense struggles. I'm starting to run on some mornings (it's a type of physical exercise I'm not so crazy about) and that's enough "struggle" for me. Honestly, it's my own fault that the IQ of this blog has skyrocketed. I should have been here sooner to dumb things down and lead people to their respective corners of the ring. And I'm sorry.

I will say that reading your comments warms my heart. To those posting most recently--Nicole, Ana Maria, Missy, Chelsey, and Zack--just reading your thoughts fills my head with such great memories. I am not a person who lives in the past by any means . . . but when I think of you guys, it really does make me happy. I have a lot of good memories of folks who lived in C#10, but I feel blessed that you five are among the ones who continue to write.

Lindsay and I were talking today about throwing a party when I graduate from law school in the spring, and I just haven't been excited about it -- primarily because I don't have a lot of friends that I connect with very well around here to celebrate with. I do remember having a great time with you all - and you are people it would be wonderful to celebrate with. It's unfortunate you live in such weird places (and by "weird" I mean places other than Chapel Hill, NC). Maybe I'll try to convince Lindsay to do a "celebration tour" and we'll do some stop-ins.

Ana Maria first taught me that people are generally divided into 4 categories of personalities based on which Beatle they are most like (or something like that). I, of course, am a Paul. I am a persistent optimist, and I don't even like reading sad stories or watching movies where really bad things happen (I also sing a mean version of "I'm Down," even when I'm actually really happy). But even being the "smiley" person that I am, I'm also kind of tender-hearted. Reading some comments and feeling people's frustration, anger or sadness -- I wish we could sing in the kitchen, sip at Starbucks, or stroll through london and make it better. But at the same time, I couldn't ever see any of you as angry or sad people -- you were never mean to me (except a couple times and I deserved it) and I remember being very happy with you.

So, that's it. I'll make an effort to stop in here a little more often. You guys make me smile.

4 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger amcorrea said...

Congratulations, Ryan!! :) That's wonderful!

Yes, you've been missed around here.

P.S. "I wish we could sing in the kitchen, sip at Starbucks, or stroll through london and make it better." Me too. I want it so bad it hurts...it's hard to face reality when there is such a large part of you that wants something else. Especially when it's gone forever.

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy days are here again...?


r

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Missy Small said...

Ryan--

You entry made me laugh hard in the middle of work. Shame on you. I fully blame you and your absence for the recent upgrade in vocabulary on this site... :)

It's wonderful to hear from you, and I want to come to the graduation party--DC would be a great location!

missy

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Congrats, as well.

Make sure your celebration tour takes you across the Atlantic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home