25 June 2005

I think I've never been further from Istanbul . . .

Really great to hear from everyone. I have nothing of note to share, but I just like adding to the momentum. I have no problem with Maryland - for those of you who were discussing its qualitative value - but I heard today that Frommers named Baltimore one of the best 10 cities in the world for tourists. Have things changed that drastically from the last time I drove through? I don't even think crabcakes are that good . . .

Anyhow, I'm happily finished with law school year one and I'm working for the state for the summer. I'm sort of a self-appointed social coordinator for the clerks in my office - which mostly means weekly happy hours (considering I never actually drink alcohol, it's pretty ironic) and doing "rounds" in the office to check on how people are doing (it's not my most productive summer, but I'm making friends).

I think I'd have to change some life goals to make it to Istanbul or Korea anytime soon. Heck, I'm still hoping to make it west of Hutchinson, Kansas at some point soon. I like North Carolina - we've got mountains, ocean, piedmont (whatever that really is), and lots of tobacco. It's a bigger deal here than I ever realized. Anyhow, I'm staying put in the Tar Heel State for a while, so anyone can feel free to stop by if you're interested.

Lindsay and I are headed to the Cape in MA for the 4th of July - it's my favorite place, and probably the biggest trip I'll take anytime soon. Sorry Missy, but Boise is not in my near future. Lindsay and I will be at a wedding tomorrow, and then Sunday I'll try waterskiing for the first time in years on Lake Norman (technically, it will only be my second time total).

Alright, there's only so much of everyday living I can stand actually typing. I'll be back in to check on things here soon. Keep the dialogue going.

- Ryan

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Zack said...

Having lived through law school year one (albeit vicariously as significant other to a law student) I don't think there is anything wrong with a relaxed summer internship after that exercise in academic hazing. Would probably be more fun if you were interested in the bar-hopping, but perhaps you can just sing along to Elton John like when Josh, Mike, and I joined you and Vic for illicit parties in your room beneath the timeline. 'I hope you don't mind, that I put down in words...' Captain Greg would have pooed himself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home