16 November 2006

Ever Onward

Hello, my wonderful friends. It has been far too long since I've visited this site- it is great hearing everyone's updates! I am doing just lovely. Got married in June, which was mucho fun. Jill made it to the wedding, so we managed a quick talk-really-fast-for-an-hour-the-night-before-the-wedding conversation. Ryan and I (ah, the new last name is Hansen- such an upgrade from DenBleyker) are renting a place in Golden (near Denver, best known for being the home of the Coors brewery) strategically placed between our respective places of work. He's researching an early detection method for lung cancer (I recognize the words DNA and polymer, but that's about it!) and I'm the program coordinator for HIV Care Link...basically I do volunteer coordinating to help out HIV+ people with service projects, transportation, etc. The last few months have been pretty low-key...adjusting to sharing a bathroom with a guy (!), doing some hiking, meeting interesting clients.

My latest topic of interest is the idea of nonviolence...bringing about change through nonviolent resistance and noncooperation. Any thoughts on the topic- on it's practicality or limits? Book suggestions? It is very new for me...I've only read a biography on Gandhi and some of his writings, and book called "Non-violence: 25 lessons from a dangerous idea." My friends on this end have never really given it much thought, so I'm having a hard time getting feedback or related thoughts to reflect on.

Hope you are all doing great! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hi Carrie! Congrats on all the newness in your life! Sounds like you are doing really well!

Had a brief thought to what the conversation at your dinner parties must be like! Goodness, you both are so bright!!

I am currently in Princeton, New Jersey visiting Zack for a couple of days (and have presently high-jacked his computer!). Went to Brooklyn for Thanksgiving to visit my sister and new nephew for the holiday - which was great. Heading back to London on Tuesday - will post up more then.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home