14 June 2007

Addicted to craigslist

Since yesterday I've bought two desks & a bookcase and sold a LaZboy recliner on craigslist. I'm constantly checking for moving boxes, rugs, leather chairs, lamps, frames, desks, etc. (not that I have room for anymore--just that I want to see if there's a better one out there I missed . . . weird, I know). I find myself just browsing through all things for sale, just to see what's out there. It's a compulsion.

To break the vicious cycle, I decided to drop in on some friends. So . . . "hi."

We move to our new house in Charlotte the first week of July. I'm pretty excited, except for the fact that I'm studying for the bar exam (end of July), and I'm already behind. Julie, you seem to like the legal profession--hopefully I will too. I'll be a "litigator," but I'm sure I won't get to show up in court as much as you.

The good news is that I don't start work until mid-September (firmwide start date--no disagreement here), so I have a little time for vacation. My dad retires in March, and I'll just be completing 6 months of work in an actual "profession." Weird. Lindsay and I already went to Hawaii after my graduation, but now I think I just want to drive north to visit family and such. Missy! - I actually want to come by in August if you and Jason will be around. This time it will be for real--not like the spring trip that just didn't happen.

Hope all is well out there. I like being able to read people's comments--it makes me feel like I'm part of the conversation.

4 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Missy Small said...

Ryan! Totally come in August...as long as you come the week of the 13th and/or the weekend of the 17th/18th/19th (we are road-tripping to Canada--woo-hoo!--the first week, and I'll be in Idaho for the last week and half or so). We will have a new house too, and you would be welcome to the spare room. I would love it!

Oh, and congrats on graduating! And best of luck on the bar. You'll do great!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

It's very possible that we'll be through D.C. at precisely the times that you're headed north or west . . . but our plans aren't firm yet. We'll see what happens, and I'll let you know as plans develop!

And where are you headed in Canada? Pretty cool (even literally).

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Missy Small said...

We are headed to Toronto to discover (or re-discover, as it were) Jason's high school roots--his family lived in Toronto for about 9 years. I'm excited, I've never been to Canada. I think we'll be adventuring around that area a bit, as well.

Just let me know what you are planning. I hope it works out, though I certainly don't leave you much time when we'll be here!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey! Congrats. I'm assuming everything went well with the bar and all and you are now a big, fancy litigator! (sorry this is so late) As for me, I can't seem to buy a trial these days. Everytime I get to pre-trial conference, the prosecutor dismisses the case. I think they're just scared of me. ;) haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home